Survial Books Logo

Welcome to Guides for Living, Working, Retiring, & Buying Property Abroad

Professional Help

Posted on: 15th Jan 2015

Due to the difficulties in complying with (or understanding) local laws and bureaucracy, there are agencies and professionals in many countries that specialise in obtaining documents and making applications for individuals and businesses. They act as a buffer between you and officialdom, and will register your business with the tax authorities, social security, register of companies, Chamber of Commerce and other official bodies. A lawyer or notary can also do this, but will be much more expensive. If you're a professional, you may have to take a routine examination before you can be included on the professional register with the Chamber of Commerce.

            There are also business consultants and relocation agencies in many areas, who provide invaluable local assistance. International accountants such as Price Waterhouse and Ernst & Young have offices in most countries and are an invaluable source of information (in English) on subjects such as forming a company, company law, taxation and social security. Most countries maintain Chambers of Commerce abroad, which are also a good source of information and assistance.


comments powered by Disqus